Finding and feeling the right emotions can be an intense challenge. Acting to you is being the character, not merely memorizing lines.
Camera work to you is not merely recording the actors, but the camera is also a character, part of the story. The Sound is a character.
It’s not about being a star, it’s about telling a story.
“Guess who’s staying for Breakfast” was an old script I had gathering dust, until we decided to write to some loose contacts we had here and there.
I was going to leave the story with a director overseas, but he didn’t share the same ethics I had. So, I’ve decided to shoot it here in Wales.
Here’s the old pitch:
Self-help guru Germaine flies over from America to “save” Jack and Molly’s marriage. But what she really wants is to take everything Molly has.
- Young Mid-West American self-help author, with a face that sells books. Deceptively strong, knows jujitsu and can throw a wrestler around the room. She is pursuing a psychology degree.
- Germaine stand in:
- For the trailer, we aren’t shooting much of Germaine. So, if you don’t know Jujitsu, you might work. But, a strong Mid-West American accent is a distinct advantage.
- (Late 30s), successful Welsh lecturer, prim and proper. Can dominate the room with her voice, and slice your soul in half with her wit. Her hair up in a bun and dressed for the office, she might pass for a secretary at first, but once she opens her mouth it’s difficult to imagine her as anything but the boss.
- Should be able to understand storyboards and lenses and do quick set ups.
- For the trailer, we need a living room that has space for a computer, a few boxes and a couch, and a dining room. (The full film will need a kitchen in addition to these two other locations, but the kitchen is only needed for a couple of scenes.)
We aim to shoot the trailer at the end of the month of September, if all goes well.
There’s not a huge budget for this trailer, we are using it as part of a package to raise funding for the film. The film itself is set around a script designed for micro-budget production.
For the trailer, we are looking at introducing the characters.
The trailer can be added to your show reel. It will be shot in full HD.
If you would like to be involved, please send a CV (or description of your location) to the following: