- Why were prison riots so common in the 1950s?
- Can you tell a good story statistically?
- Farewell to a man who raised the bar
- Seven films where the main character is not the arching character
- America’s answer to bombs, then and now.
- 5 great prison movies that will captivate you
- Dara Says writing contest
Category Archives: education
“Bonjour Dewi” is now teaching children French on Youtube. Episode 1 had been tested a few years back at Ysgol Gymraeg Aberaeron and now has been tested in Dewi’s hometown of Aberystwyth. The results show that children below year six … Continue reading
Recently, I’ve heard embittered graduates complain that University was a waste of time. They saw going as purely an economic investment. But, this hasn’t always been the case. Continue reading
Computers can be educational, and so can the Internet. There are great websites that teach kids history, or how to program, or even basic skills like math. National Geographic’s Animal Jam, however, is mostly a waste of time.
The Kuleshov experiment can be used to test an individual’s historical knowledge or political leaning. It can also be used to cast actors. It’s more than just about proving the value of editing. Continue reading
Napoleon would agree with one online marketer who wrote to me recently, over 50% of marketing is wasted. Too bad neither of them took their own advice very seriously.