- Why were prison riots so common in the 1950s?
- Can you tell a good story statistically?
- Farewell to a man who raised the bar
- Seven films where the main character is not the arching character
- America’s answer to bombs, then and now.
- 5 great prison movies that will captivate you
- Dara Says writing contest
Tag Archives: history
In one month in 1959, there were four riots in the United States alone. Canada, South Africa, Algeria and even the UK seemed to frequent the papers with news of prison riots. There were two riots in American prisons in … Continue reading
The Times asked historical novelist Philippa Gregory why British school children stop studying history the moment they have that choice. Like one third of all British 13-year-olds, Ms. Gregory chose to stop studying history at GCSE level. It was as … Continue reading